Welcome to Lakota Public School
"Our mission is to enable all students to achieve their individual potential in academic excellence and social responsibility"
Lakota Public School Vision
The staff of Lakota Public Schools, in shared governance with students, parents, and community members, believe that all students can and will learn.
We are committed to providing a safe, orderly and equitable environment to support student learning. As reflective educators, we practice data-driven instruction of standards-based curriculum. Lakota graduates students who have successfully mastered the following school-wide learner outcomes:
This vision statement is intended to serve as both the blueprint for improvement and the benchmark by which will evaluate progress.
Posted by: Shilo Nerison
Posted by: Shilo Nerison
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Our Lakota-Edmore Lady Raiders are going to state!!
There will be a Community Pep Rally/Sendoff, for the GBB team, at the High School on Wednesday at 11:30am. It would be great for fans to be along Main Street or HWY 2 as the team leaves for Minot, they should be departing about 12:15pm.
The GBB team was ranked 3rd in the state, which means they will play Lamoure-Litchville/Marion on Thursday at 2:45 pm. This game will be televised on WDAZ Channel 8. If you are out of the WDAZ viewing area you will be able to see the live stream at www.wdaz.com. If the girl's win their first game all of their other games will also be televised.
Click on the Facebook link below to get up to date information & photos from the State Tournament.
Here is a link to the tournament website. This site will have team information, live stats and box scores throughout the tournament.
Lakota High School Junior class is currently selling Magazines and other items to raise money for Prom. Please click on the link below to view the products available and place your order. Please enter the Students Name to make sure they get credit for the sale, if you do not know a students name please click "Skip This Step". If you have any questions please contact Beau Snyder @ 247-2992.
The State Board of Higher Education recently approved a new admissions index (effective Fall 2016) and increased the number of core courses required for admission into its four-year (Fall 2016) and research universities (Fall 2017).
The new requirements are as follows:
· Effective Fall 2016, the standards for Dickinson, Mayville and Valley City will be a minimum GPA of 2.0 and ACT of 18.
· Minot State will change to a GPA of 2.75 and ACT of 21.
· UND and NDSU will both increase standards to a minimum GPA of 2.75 and ACT of 22.
· All four-year universities will require students to complete 13 core courses in high school from 2016 forward.
· For NDSU and UND, requirements rise to 14 core courses in 2017 and 15 core courses by Fall 2018.
January 6, 2015
Principals and Counselors,
We have some exciting news to get out to you at this time. We met with representatives from the North Dakota University System and, together, made the decision to open the ND Academic and CTE Scholarship window two months earlier this year. The scholarship window is now open for seniors in the state to apply. If it looks promising that they will meet eligibility requirements for the scholarship, they can apply early. This means the window will be open 5 months for seniors to apply.
With that said, there are a few points that are important to share with your seniors.
1. Students should apply even if they are planning on going to college out of state. The scholarship is available for them to use up for six years following high school graduation. Often students who choose to go to college out of state decide to come back. If that is the case, the scholarship is there waiting for them.
2. Students do not have to wait until after graduation to apply online. They can apply now, to be certain they do not miss this opportunity. Encourage all who may be eligible to apply.
3. If students take the WorkKeys tests online, they can take them almost up until the June 5 deadline, as long as we get those scores before the scholarship application window closes. If they take the paper/pencil, they will have to take them earlier in order to get the results sent to us before the application window closes. Students or the school must send us the WorkKeys results as we do not get those from ACT.
4. Students may take the ACT test in April if they can get the official scores to us before the application window closes. The scores are guaranteed to get to us from ACT if they take it by the February 7 deadline.
Stay Warm and Happy New Year!
Assistant Director, Teacher and School Effectiveness North Dakota Department of Public Instruction
600 E. Boulevard Avenue
Bismarck, ND 58505-0440
Welcome back everyone, we are so excited to have students in our classrooms and hallways once again. It is a pleasure and an honor to be part of the learning environment at Lakota Public School. Think about things that you have learned which have been life changing. As children one of the first life changing learning events occurs when we learn to walk independently. Think about how much walking influenced our lives. We didn't master the task right away, we failed often and got up again and again and eventually with lots of practice we learned to walk. The other such activity involves learning to speak and communicate, think about how life changing these accomplishments are. Again we were not born speaking, we had to learn how to speak. Learning leads to positive life changes. Learning happens in many different ways and environments. I am so excited to be part of our learning environment here at Lakota Public School. I believe in "learning" and the positive life changing results learning provides.
I welcome your involvement and questions concerning our school and how we are here to provide our student's with positive life changing learning! Learning for ALL students!!!!! Faye Brosy Nelson - School Counselor
Lakota Public School students and their parents have available opportunity for the review of individual high school plans and planning sessions. Upon the request of a student/parent the school will make arrangements to provide a consultative review. Please contact Faye Brosy Nelson for more information.
Check out the new webpage pertaining to what North Dakota Colleges students are eligible to attend. The following link leads to the North Dakota University System Admissions Index Calculator.
Let me know what you think! Questions, comments.
Faye Brosy Nelson
Lakota School Counselor
A reminder to check out the school counselor section of our LHS webpage. You and your student will find scholarships and student opportunities. Feel free to contact me for more information, assistance, and applications.
Have a great day of learning.
Faye Brosy Nelson
Lakota School Counselor
Check out the Lakota School Counselor Blog, http://helpingallstudentsatls.blogspot.com
Have a fantastic day! Faye Brosy Nelson - Lakota School Counselor